Attached to the link below are the results from our 2017 needs assessment. We surveyed many of nonprofits that serve abused and neglected youth in Somerset County. We do a broad spectrum needs assessment every three (3) years, and will do one again in 2020.
CHI Needs Assessment Results
- Middle Earth: Continue to work with Middle Earth to support mentoring and fun opportunities: lunchtime mentoring, “fun trips”, “Visions Plus Program.” and “Promises-Plus” http://www.middleearthnj.org/services/mentoring-services. Most recent program report: CHI Middle Earth 2020 Final Report Past program reports: CHI Middle Earth May 2020 Mid-year Report Final Middle Earth 2019 Final Report Middle Earth mid-year report June 2019 2018 Middle Earth Mid-Year Report Lunchtime Mentoring Middle Earth Lunchtime Mentoring Report
- Family & Community Services of Somerset County: Work with mental health providers to cut waiting times for children needing mental health counseling and medicines. Because of Covid, F&CS unable to continue the 2018 and 2019 group counseling to support middle school children who recently arrived in the US from Latin America and who suffered abuse and trauma in their country of origin. Most recent program report: CHI FCSSC Report 6-8-2020 Past program reports: F&CS Interim Report October 2019 F&CS 6 Month Report July 2019 2018 F&CS Mid-Year Report Family and Community Services Family and Community Services Report
- CASA SHaW: Support tutoring program that helps abused and neglected children, especially those who are in out of home placements and have fallen behind educationally and need special attention to catch-up. Most recent program report: CHI CASA-SHaW 2020 Final Report Past program report: CASA Traveling Tutor Program 2019 CASA Tutoring CASA Traveling Tutor Report
- Richard Hall CMHC: Unable to have Summer Connections 2020 because of Covid. It was to be a 5 week, 5 day a week for 20 children offering equine therapy, karate, arts and music therapy etc. RHCMHC Interim 2019 Report Past program reports:10/26/2018 CHAP Program Update 2018 Richard Hall Community Mental Health Center Mid-Year Report CHAP Richard Hall Program Report
- Resilient Youth of Somerset County: Support the efforts of Resilient Youth of Somerset County to educate youth stakeholders about the pervasive effects of chronic trauma and to hold information sessions on the importance and effectiveness of Trauma Informed Care, with the goal of making Somerset a trauma informed community. Most recent program report: RYS report 2019 Past committee reports:2018 Resilient Youth of Somerset Mid-Year Report Resilient Youth of Somerset Resilient Youth of Somerset Report